Friday, June 22, 2012

I have a host family?


Verlaine, Belgium. An hour from Brussels and thirty minutes from Liege.

The funniest thing is, it's exactly what I wanted. I hoped, in the back of my mind, that I'd be placed near enough to Brussels that I could visit it multiple times, but I would still be in the French part of the country. And Liege, is the first city in Wallonia that I ever read about, and the one that convinced me I'd be applying to the right place. It's karmic synergy. It re-convinces me I'm headed to the right place.

Everyone I sell cookies to or tell about my exchange says to me, "Belgium! Where are you going to be?" And all I can say is, "I'm not sure yet - but I do know I'll be in Wallonia, the French region."

Now I can finally tell people everything.

I have my flights, and my host family, and I'm well on the way to making enough money.

Everything just makes this feel realer and realer, and it's absolutely terrifying and unbelievably thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment